"...to seek and to find the past, a lineage, a history, a family built on a flesh and bone foundation."

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Lá Fhéile Pádraig Sona Daoibh: Happy St. Patrick's Day

Lá Fhéile Pádraig Sona Daoibh: Happy St. Patrick's Day!

To one and all, may this day bring you luck and love. 
Hug a family member, raise a glass, drink a cuppa tea, take your mom to Mass.

'Tis better to buy a small bouquet,
to give to your friend this very day,
than a bushel of roses white and red,
to lay on his coffin after he's dead.

Cheers to you,
Jennifer

Hey, who knew? I've my own pub in the octagon in Westport, County Mayo.
These super fans weren't celebrating St. Patrick's Day;
they were on the train from Athlone to Dublin for an Ireland vs. Slovakia football match,
but I don't think they'd mind being included today for wearing the green.

Copyright©irisheyesjg2012.

4 comments:

  1. Happy St.Patrick's Day....

    I have a name question. I think I have found my great grandmothers birth information. It lists her mother as Joanne Condon, My great grandparents named their first daughter as Gehanna and she went by Anne.

    My question is Gehanna a varient of Joanne?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Claudia,

    Happy St. Patrick's Day to you!

    As far as your question is concerned, is the record in which Gehanna is recorded as the daughter's name written in English or in Latin?

    If it is in Latin, then I suspect it is a misspelling of the Latinate name Johanna which translates to Joanne or Joanna in English.

    Also, it could simply be a misspelling of the Irish name Johanna which is anglicized as Joanne.

    Hope this helps.

    Cheers,
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't have been wished a happy Saint Patrick's day by anyone better! Thank you, and more of the same to you!

    Love that pic of the sports fans, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Jacqi,

    Thanks for your good wishes. I hope you had a great St. Patrick's Day!

    Cheers,
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete

Comments on this blog are always deeply appreciated; however, in the spirit of true collegiality, I ask that you do not write something you would not say to me in person. Because of spammers, CAPTCHA and comments moderation are in operation.

Any comments that include URLs not connected to the post topic, contain misinformation, or in any way resemble advertising, will be removed. Comments submitted by ‘Unknown’ or ‘Anonymous’ persons will not be published.

Cheers, Jennifer

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...