- Ár dTeaghlach: Our Family
- Faces of Family History
- Interviewing Family
- Finding Irish Ancestors: Research Aids
- 'Orphans' List of 1847 - The Great Famine
- The Act of Union Black List 1800/1801
- Geographical & Political Designations
- Civil Registration Information & Districts
- 17 Tips + 1 for Family History/Genealogy Research in Ireland
- Latin Terms
- Pinterest & Instagram
- Commissioning Research in Ireland
- Tuesday's Tips
- Copyright and Disclosures
- About Me
Sunday, March 10, 2013
Oh, I love technology, except when I don't...
So... my apologies to anyone who sent a comment or a message and is wondering why I have not replied. Please send it again, if you feel so inclined. Apparently the idiots are now running the asylum, so stay tuned, I have a feeling I may see the words 'inadvertent deletion' show up again.
Also on the technology front, I have closed my Twitter account for now. Once again, for what is the umpteenth time — I love that word 'umpteenth' — my Twitter account was hacked. Twitter sends me those lovely emails telling me I am part of that segment of their population whose accounts "may have been compromised by a website or service not associated with Twitter". Despite the fact that I use very strong passwords, and change them regularly, in January I was hacked twice, and received a lot of email from annoyed Twitter followers telling me I'd been hacked. Again on Friday, the same thing happened, so for now, at least until Twitter solves their security issues, this bird is keeping her beak shut on Twitter.
Image credit: Google images, and also to Carol at Reflections From the Fence, who I know can relate to technology issues.