Listed on this page are some of the most popular Tuesday's Tips posts I have written for this blog. In order to enable easier access, I have gathered them together here, in no particular order, with the title of each post followed by the url link to the page. I hope the content of the posts proves helpful to you in your research.
As always, Happy Researching,
Cheers to you!
1. Is someone playing 'Telephone' with your Irish family history?
2. Butcher, Baker, Cabinet Maker?: Not all Irishmen were farmers.
3. Was one of your ancestors admitted to The King's Inns?
4. Falsehoods, fibs, & other fabrications: re: Four Courts fire, GRO and '1926 Census
5. Palaeography & the art of reading the illegible
6. The Alumni Dublinenses: Finding a well educated Irish ancestor
7. 'Granny was in the IRA': Turning a story into a history.
8. Family Medical History: The life you save may be your own
9. Sources you may have overlooked: Irish Manuscripts
10. Family History: The problem of researching from the outside in…
11. The Great Famine: Did your ancestors land at Grosse-Île, and then go to the United States?
12. Going to the bookshelf to find family history
13. The north, the south? It's all just Ireland isn't it?
14. Seeking Irish History in an Auction House