Sunday, August 2, 2015

Mike & Mary Ever After: 2 August 1954

Today, on what would have been their 61st wedding anniversary, I fondly review images from their wedding as I remember our mother and father, Mike and Mary, lovebirds for all time. You are both much missed and remembered with love and laughter.

On her father's arm, Mary Ball and the stroll into St. Patrick's Church, Ringsend, Dublin.
The marriage ceremony as viewed from the choir loft of the church.
Now husband and wife - Michael and Mary Geraghty
From left to right:
John Geraghty (Dad's brother), Michael Geraghty (my dad), Mary Ball (my mam), Kate Ball (Mary's sister).
After the church wedding, the very serious business of signing the register.
It's time to celebrate.
At their wedding breakfast, the cutting of the cake.
Family all together, outside St. Patrick's Church, Ringsend, Dublin, Ireland

©irisheyesjg2015.

10 comments:

  1. Such lovely photos on such a special day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pauleen, thanks very much for your comment. I am so grateful to have these photos from their special day.

      Cheers,
      Jennifer

      Delete
  2. Wishing you happy memories today, Jennifer. May they rest in peace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dara, thanks very much for your comments. I loved to see them dancing together, with not a care in the world, so I will keep those happy memories in mind today.

      Cheers,
      Jennifer

      Delete
  3. My parents married Sep 24 1951 at Our Lady of Good Counsel in Drimnagh. Lovely photos!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jackie, thanks very much for your comments. I'll bet there are lovely memories attached to their day as well.

      Cheers,
      Jennifer

      Delete
  4. It was fun to look at the faces as your mom went from serious in the first photo, to happy, then back to serious, and so forth. They are a lovely couple and your mom was a beautiful bride. Happy anniversary to them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nancy, thanks very much for your comments. I too love to look at the changes in my mom's expressions, and love the way my dad stood so straight and tall after the ceremony.

      Cheers,
      Jennifer

      Delete
  5. Lovely photos. It is great that they took one of all the family gathered together. When our daughter, and later our son, got married we had the photographer take a photos like that. I love seeing everyone who was there to celebrate the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Colleen, thanks very much for your comments. Always much appreciated. I am so happy to have these photographs. So many of those pictured in the group photo are no longer living, so it is bitter sweet to look at, nonetheless I love that photograph. So glad you did group photos at the weddings of your children. It's a great idea.

      Cheers,
      Jennifer

      Delete

Comments on this blog are always deeply appreciated; however, in the spirit of true collegiality, I ask that you do not write something you would not say to me in person.

This blog is CAPTCHA free, but because of spammers, comments moderation is in operation for posts older than two days.

Any comments that are mean-spirited, include URLs which are not connected to the post topic, contain misinformation, or in any way resemble advertising, will be removed.

Cheers, Jennifer

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...