Here is an entire group of 'Who's That?' to contemplate. I know a couple of the people in the photograph, and could guess at a couple of others, but I'm really wondering about the mysterious lady in the sunglasses.
In addition to the mystery players, there are a few things in this photograph which are worth remarking upon. (Click on the image to view a larger version). First of all, I have never before seen such an incredibly crowded beach, so that makes me wonder if they were there for a special event. The crowd seems endless. Second, the area in which they are sitting looks uncomfortably rocky. Also, I wonder about the rope which is extended behind them, and the very official looking fellow in the white uniform. I'm not sure where this is, but it reminds me of the beach near Bray Head, in County Wicklow. Any guesses?
Click on image to view larger version.
- Ár dTeaghlach: Our Family
- Faces of Family History
- Interviewing Family
- Finding Irish Ancestors: Research Aids
- 'Orphans' List of 1847 - The Great Famine
- The Act of Union Black List 1800/1801
- Geographical & Political Designations
- Civil Registration Information & Districts
- Latin Terms
- Copyright and Disclosures
- 17 Tips + 1 for Family History/Genealogy Research in Ireland
- About Me