Enjoying rain and more rain here, but at least the flowers in the garden are happy, and Spring seems the perfect time to hit the refresh button on this blog.
I have changed the blog template so that I might add the pages you see in the tabs above. The page entitled "Finding Bits: Research Aids" is comprised of a list of websites on which I have literally found "bits" of material which have proven very worthwhile. I hope that within the list you find sites which may aid your own Irish family history research.
At the suggestion of a fellow researcher, I've also popped in a copyright and disclaimers page.
Also, If you're having any trouble at all interviewing living family members, then some or all of the questions on the interview page might prove helpful. With my own family members I find sometimes it's hard to reel them in to focus on family history. Sometimes it's just more fun to get into a real chin wag about some Irish legend or other.
I am still playing with the background image; this one is another version of the Cliffs of Moher, but I'm not totally settled on it yet.
Anyway, I hope the research page proves to be some help to you. As always feel free to email me anytime at irisheyesjennifer at gmail dot com; I'm always happy to help in any way I can.
Cheers, and Happy Researching!
- Ár dTeaghlach: Our Family
- Faces of Family History
- Interviewing Family
- Finding Irish Ancestors: Research Aids
- 'Orphans' List of 1847 - The Great Famine
- The Act of Union Black List 1800/1801
- Geographical & Political Designations
- Civil Registration Information & Districts
- 17 Tips + 1 for Family History/Genealogy Research in Ireland
- Latin Terms
- Tuesday's Tips
- Commissioning Research in Ireland
- About Me
- Copyright and Disclosures