Okay I admit it, and whether or not Carol (at Reflections From the Fence) would like it to be so, I am often inspired by her. Prompted by Carol's post "2010's Most Popular Posts, Bloggers and Mine", I decided to take a look at my own Blogger Stats to see which blog posts emerged as the most popular of 2010. Here they are; I've added my own commentary about each.
This post was particularly meaningful for me because the research for it gave me some insight into what my paternal great-grandmother may have experienced.
6. Matrilineal Monday: A mother lost: Mary Fitzpatrick Ball
One of my personal favourites.
5. Tuesday's Tip: An opportunity to own a piece of Irish history
I'm glad readers see value in this tip. I think it's important to be able to contextualize the history of our ancestors.
4. Tombstone Tuesday: Cruciform City: Glasnevin Cemetery
Photographing tombstones in Irish cemeteries is an fascinating pursuit, and I am very grateful to have had the privilege of doing so. It is interesting to note that when I photographed this group of cruciform tombs, I was not yet aware of the fact that one of my Geraghty ancestors was among them.
3. Tombstone Tuesday: A different take: graves without tombstones
This post was the culmination of a very emotional journey for me.
2. Probably General Debility
I still think about little Joseph and would like the opportunity to find his grave in England. This post is from July and I am very glad to know that people still want to read his story.
1. Peter Hart, PhD. Memorial University, Newfoundland (1963-2010)
I was both surprised and pleased that the post for this man was most visited. I greatly admired both the man and his work, and had hoped to one day pursue Ph.D. studies under his tutelage.
- Ár Teaghlaigh: Our Family
- Faces of Genealogy
- Interviewing Family
- Finding Irish Ancestors: Research Aids
- 'Orphans' List of 1847 - The Great Famine
- The Act of Union Black List 1800/1801
- Geographical & Political Designations
- Civil Registration Districts
- Latin Terms
- Copyright and Disclosures
- About Me